2015 Membership is open!
Sign up today, get a year full of fun! Our group rides start in mid-March, and there is so much more happening as we get ready to kick off our 7th season. Scroll down for membership info, or read here for details on our upcoming rides:
Our weekend group rides are open to all members, and nonmembers may ride with us once to try it out. Our weekend rides alternate Saturdays and Sundays. In the early season rides start at 10am and they get earlier each month all the way to a staggered start time ranging from 7am to 8:30am, depending on the route and the heat for that day. We stagger the start times since we can have up to 80+ women and the bathroom line gets CRAZY!
In the beginning of the season we start with 3 groups and work up to about 7 or 8 groups (depending on the turnout). We try not to have more then 12-15 women per group. Once we are in full swing, we split up among 3 lengths and several pace groups. Each ride has a lead and a sweep, except for the fastest, longest group. Here is how the groups usually break out:
- Short route:
- Medium route:
Early season 18-25 miles at a 14mph average pace
Over the season this route increases to 25-45 miles and splits into two or three pace groups at 13, 14 and 15+ mph average pace
- Long route:
- Early season 30-40 miles at a 15+ average pace
- Over the season this route increases to mid season 45-80 miles at a 15+ mph pace and, if needed a super fast group. The super fast group will become a drop ride with check in and check out at Full Cycle.
The real value of the club is not only the rides, but also our amazing clinics! They are free to paid club members and most of these coaches are $90-$125/hr if you hired them alone.
Club membership is open to any woman who wants to join. Membership valid from the moment you join through December 31st, 2015.
Membership Annual Fee: $60
2015 Membership Benefits:
- Members can ride in ALL Club rides
- No fee for any club clinics or coached training rides
- 5% off everything at Full Cycle including sale items and bikes!
- 10% off one bike per year for members only
- 10% off women’s cycling clothing
- 15% off one pair of Oakley sunglasses per year
- 20% off bike fits
- Access to special sales/group discounts with vendors throughout the year
- Invitation to special sales/group discounts with local partners
- A portion of the membership fee goes to support to Greenhouse Scholars, a local non-profit
- Discount on registration for the VdM rides in Boulder and Chicago
How to Join
Three easy ways to sign up:
- Call the shop and ask to join the Venus de Miles Club and you can pay over the phone with your credit card. 303-440-1002.
- Stop in Full Cycle: 1795 Pearl St in Boulder
- Join Online
For the most up-to-date info, visit our Facebook page and check our calendar for details and more events!