Welcome to the Venus de Miles Bike Club Website!
Everything you need to know is on this page, and here’s where to find it:
- Scroll down for:
- Current News
- About the Club
- Membership Info
- Look to the right side of the page (–>) for:
- Email and Facebook page sign-up
- Contact info
- Articles and Docs that you could really use!
- 2015 Membership is Closed! Rides and events are still happening!
- Next Group Ride: Saturday October 3rd, 9am
- The ride will leave at the start times indicated below – arrive at least 15 minutes early to sign the waiver, hear the safety speech, wait in the restroom line. You and your bike need to be READY TO ROLL. Bike: Tires inflated, safety checked. You: water bottles filled, snacks and fix-a-flat equipment in your pocket, sunscreen on, helmet adjusted.
- The rides:
- FOR ALL RIDE TIMES LISTED BELOW, PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY
- Short, 9am Departure: Baseline-95th-Valmont-75th-Jay (23 mi @ ~12 mph). Click for map.
- Medium, 9am Departure: Niwot to Hygiene (34 mi @ ~ 12,14,&16 mph). Click for map.
- Long, 9am Departure: 63rd-Hygiene-Rabbit Mtn (48 miles @ ~ 14&16 mph). Click for map.
- Volunteer for the club! This club would not exist if it weren’t for our amazing volunteers. Our greatest need is ride leads and sweeps, and you don’t need to be a pro to do this! Ride volunteers get $5 in Full Cycle bucks for each ride. Email Karli (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details!
- For the most up-to-date info, visit our Facebook page and check our calendar for details and more events!
About the Club
The Venus Bike Club kicked off in the spring of 2009, and has been growing ever since. Each year we have over 200 members to ride, learn, and have fun with! The Club is headed up by Karli Gronholm at Full Cycle on Pearl Street with the help of our local cycling friends. Whether you are new to cycling and want to improve your skills, are trying to get in better shape, or just want a group of great women to ride with, this Club is for you!
Group Rides and More
Our group rides start in mid-March, and there is so much more happening as we get ready to kick off our 7th season.
Our weekend group rides are open to all members, and nonmembers may ride with us once to try it out. Our weekend rides alternate Saturdays and Sundays. In the early season rides start at 10am and they get earlier each month all the way to a staggered start time ranging from 7am to 8:30am, depending on the route and the heat for that day. We stagger the start times since we can have up to 80+ women and the bathroom line gets CRAZY!
In the beginning of the season we start with 3 groups and work up to about 7 or 8 groups (depending on the turnout). We try not to have more then 12-15 women per group. Once we are in full swing, we split up among 3 lengths and several pace groups. Each ride has a lead and a sweep, except for the fastest, longest group. Here is how the groups usually break out:
Short route: Early season 10-12 miles at a 10-12 mph average pace. Over the season we increase to about 25 miles with a 12 mph average page
Medium route: Early season 18-25 miles at a 14mph average pace. Over the season this route increases to 25-45 miles and splits into two or three pace groups at 13, 14, and 15 mph+ average pace.
Long route: Early season 30-40 miles at a 15+ mph average pace. Over the season this route increases to a mid season 45-80 miles at a 15+ mph pave and, if needed a super fast group. The super fast group will become a drop ride with check in and check out at Full Cycle.
The real value of the club is not only the rides, but also our amazing clinics! They are free to paid club members and most of these coaches are $90-$125/hr if you hired them alone.
Venus Bike Club Membership
2015 Membership is closed for the season! Stay tuned for info about 2016!
Club membership is open to any woman who wants to join. Membership valid from the moment you join through December 31st, 2015.
Membership Annual Fee: $60
2015 Membership Benefits:
- Members can ride in ALL Club rides
- No fee for any club clinics or coached training rides
- 5% off everything at Full Cycle including sale items and bikes!
- 10% off one bike per year for members only
- 10% off women’s cycling clothing
- 15% off one pair of Oakley sunglasses per year
- 20% off bike fits
- Access to special sales/group discounts with vendors throughout the year
- Invitation to special sales/group discounts with local partners
- A portion of the membership fee goes to support to Greenhouse Scholars, a local non-profit
- Discount on registration for the VdM rides in Boulder and Chicago
How to Join
Three easy ways to sign up:
- Call the shop and ask to join the Venus de Miles Club and you can pay over the phone with your credit card. 303-440-1002.
- Stop in Full Cycle: 1795 Pearl St in Boulder
- Join Online
Perks for everyone (members and non-members!)
- Training Peaks 20% discount – Use and share this code: VdM15 (please do!). It is good for 20% off a premium membership (one year). There are options on how to pay but it is $119 a year at full rate so $95 a year with the discount.
- Anytime Fitness, Boulder: FREE 14 Day Passes to try out the club on a Full Access Membership (FAM), 50% off enrollment, key fob and security access (normally $49, now $25), Membership on a 12 month agreement for just $35/month!
- Free Training Plans with Cov: Are you training for an event? Want to hit a goal of weighloss, fitness and/or FUN! Contact Kay Covington, PhD for your custom designed plan. Cov is retired and you may think that means she has time on her hands but this is one busy lady! However, she has time for you! She is volunteering to help you reach your goal. Yes, this is free but you will pay in heart rate and smiles! Contact Cov: click here
- Real Athletic Diets: 20% off your first order! Enter “Fullcycle” at check out! Real Athlete Diets creates delicious performance oriented food and brings it to you, making it easy to eat the right kind of food to help you get the most out of your sport (or life).
Club Activities for Non-Members
Non-members may ride with the club one time at no charge. After that, you must be a club member to ride with the group. Club clinics and workshops may be available to non-members, if space is available, for a fee (usually $5 to $20)